
BUSINESS CARD
FRONT

BACK

LETTERHEAD

COMPLIMENTS SLIP

BOOKMARK

A5 BROCHURE
FRONT

BACK

CUFDIG304A - LOGO REPORT
Business industry: Privet airline - Business name: Alpha Airlines
Feedback from the critique on my work, the teacher commented that the colours were ok and the idea was good however the execution was bad and a logo makes or breaks the entire work. With this industry the customer needs to feel safe, to trust the company and enjoy the flight. My work did not have that feel it was more fun and playful than serious, it was better suited to a transport/freight company.
The class commented that my work needed to be simpler, the red triangular shapes looked like hills that a plane would crash into and that the black curve in the right corner of all the works made them feel as if they would plunge to their deaths, if they were to fly with Alpha Airlines. Everyone agreed that there was too much and that a lot of things could be changed or gotten rid of completely.
In my case my logo and the misuse of negative space gave my work too much it needed to be simplified and the layout in the brochure needed to be re-thought along with all of the work.
With my logo the idea was good but the curvy lines joining straight lines made it a bit off, I took the playful approach to this work which turned out poorly. I worked around with the logo then I created a few more logo's and then decided on a new one. I think the new one is a bit more serious for the industry. By doing so I had to re-create everything and re-think how I would approach my work this time to suite the industry and to create the best image for my company which would be a safe, trustworthy and enjoyable feel. I did a bit more research on airline logo's and elements to make mine better and I found out that most airlines incorporate some sort of symbol or color scheme that represents their country so i decided to use the shape of a boomerang in my logo which also makes an "A" that represents "Alpha".
My business card was the same size as a standard card but with a curve not a corner on the top-right side, I wanted to do this to be different. The idea originally came from an actual card like this, I thought this would make the card stand out more but I lost 30% of the space. With the new logo I also decided to go towards the more standard card shape as this works.
My Letterhead was way too much, I was trying to keep it simple but by doing so I just ended up filling in space which didn't need anything. I started again and I think this time I achieved simple, I wasn't at first going to add the lines to the letterhead but because they were present in the business card, I decided to add them because in the end it made everything look as if it was a set.
My With Compliments Slip was again too much, I just don't know how to treat the negative space and my approach was if it was blank it needed to be filled, like most of my work.
My Bookmark should have been very simple but because I added so many elements and I was trying to incorporate them in all the work it became very jumbled. My new bookmark is very simple and clean, now the only elements are the logo, the line on the very top and the very bottom of the work and the company information.
The Brochure was horrible I was just going again with the fill everything approach to me the shapes and the layout made sense because the triangular shapes where representing a plane's wing and the curve was the curviness of the plane but unless that is what everyone else see's then it doesn't work. I got rid of the pictures and I incorporated Safety, Enjoyment and Trust with a slogan, Ready, S.E.T, Go! However I decided not to carry out this idea because it made my company more playful than serious, which would discourage business type people from using my airline, who i believe would most probably be a major consumer. I now think overall with the new design that (without the slogan) it can be believed, that my airline would be safe, enjoyable and trustworthy without saying it . I used boxes around the paragraphs which I think made it more serious because before it was as if things were floating but now everything has a place.
I have re-done all the work and I'm quite happy with what I have done as opposed to my first set of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment